Re: Rev 4: Added wrapper scripts for automated runs of sql-bench

Sergei Golubchik <sergii@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Dec 29, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:

>> +# Note: Do not run this script with root privileges.
>> +#   We use killall -9, which can cause severe side effects!

> You can use
>
>   killall -u `whoami`
>
> not perfect, but still much safer.

There is another, robust way to do this: Make the parent process a group
leader with setpgid(0,0). Then `kill -9 -$$` will kill only the processes
started from that parent (or from children, recursively). Or use setsid to
create a session leader for even more robust killing (there is a setsid
command available to do this within shell scripts).

(You might not need this for your purpose, but I thought I would mention it in
case you at some point may want to run this in Buildbot or similar).