Re: Patch for Windows problem with setting TZ

Sergei Golubchik <sergii@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Jan 16, Kristian Nielsen wrote:

>> It's actually only a few test cases that need to set TZ. Here is a quick patch
>> that avoids the need to set TZ except for tests that specifically requests it
>> (with the already existing --timezone=XXX mechanism in -master.opt).

> Why we didn't have this problem with MySQL in pushbuild ?

With the help of Alex Budovski I think I now have the answer:

The binlog failures happen because when the TZ variable is changed to +03:00
on boxes with USA time zone (or similar), PURGE BEFORE DATE statements picks
up the wrong files, apparently TZ only affects some parts of the system
(localtime()), not others (file dates). But on boxes with European times
zones, that particular TZ change happens to not affect those statements...

And in fact Igor in USA previously got binlog failures while boxes in Buildbot
and at MySQL without the failures were in European time zones...

I will push my fix after full tests.