Re: We need instructions for manually installing .deb

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Kristian Nielsen
<knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> We really need to put some instructions prominently on the download page for
> installing the .debs.
<cut>

Thanks Kristian and Daniel for doing this!
http://askmonty.org/wiki/index.php/Manual:Installation#Debian_.deb_Files

> Also, as soon as OurDelta has the 5.1.42 repositories up, we need a strong
> warning against manually installing the .debs, strongly suggesting the
> OurDelta repositories instead, as it will work much better for users.
> (With the repositories, just `apt-get install mariadb-server` will work, as
> will the Synaptic package manager GUI).

Speaking of which, Arjen, what is the status on OurDelta's side for this?

henrik
--
email: henrik.ingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tel:   +358-40-5697354