Re: protocol testing tool

Hi Sergei!

Like I mentioned, this will be a tool written in Python that tests
all the edge cases for the MySQL and Drizzle protocols. Currently I'm
through the handshake code, and will be looking at command and result
processing next. This is to make sure we guarantee compatibility as
we re-write the protocol code in Drizzle.

This will be part of the libdrizzle project, so free to use and
contribute to it! I've not pushed anything up yet, but probably will
do so by the end of this week. I'll send you a link once I push it up.

-Eric

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 01:18:24PM +0100, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> Hi, Eric

> > Hi!
> > I'm working on a MySQL and Drizzle protocol testing tool, and while
> > testing various edge cases,
>
> This is interesting. I've just extended MySQL protocol [with lost of new
> corner cases :)] and would love to see that tested too.
>
> Can you tell more about this work of yours ?
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

Follow ups