Re: options for CREATE TABLE (MWL#43)

Hi!

Quick answer to solve "big" questions faster.

11 марта 2010, в 12:30, Sergei Golubchik написал(а):

Hi, Sanja!

Here's the review, below:

1. please, store options together with the objects they describe, not
  separately.

.frm file is not the place I can stuck where I want, IMHO one extension as it stored now only the way to keep .frm compatible.

2. Unknown option should be an error by default.
3. use something my_getopt-like as we discussed, don't force every
  engine to parse its options

Above is exactly against Monty's expectations (I remember old discussion, as far as I remember my_getopt-like idea was rejected at the end, about error messages it can be done for creation, but for alter table we agreed to have warnings).

[skip]
5. don't check for changed options in alter table with your
  check_if_incompatible_data. let the engine do that.

Do you mean additional call to engine?

[skip]
7. parser: make the equal sign optional
8. few existing options, like row_format, insert_method, checksum,
  delay_key_write, key_block_size, min_rows/max_rows, avg_row_length,
tablespace, connection, pack_keys could be moved into storage engines
  out of the parser.

In some cases options goes without coma, there is 3 word option DATA DIRECTORY <value>, INDEX DIRECTORY <value> so I can't imagine how to move the existing options to engine and make equal sign optional.

[skip]