maria-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: options for CREATE TABLE (MWL#43)
Quick answer to solve "big" questions faster.
11 марта 2010, в 12:30, Sergei Golubchik написал(а):
Here's the review, below:
1. please, store options together with the objects they describe, not
.frm file is not the place I can stuck where I want, IMHO one
extension as it stored now only the way to keep .frm compatible.
2. Unknown option should be an error by default.
3. use something my_getopt-like as we discussed, don't force every
engine to parse its options
Above is exactly against Monty's expectations (I remember old
discussion, as far as I remember my_getopt-like idea was rejected at
the end, about error messages it can be done for creation, but for
alter table we agreed to have warnings).
5. don't check for changed options in alter table with your
check_if_incompatible_data. let the engine do that.
Do you mean additional call to engine?
7. parser: make the equal sign optional
8. few existing options, like row_format, insert_method, checksum,
delay_key_write, key_block_size, min_rows/max_rows, avg_row_length,
tablespace, connection, pack_keys could be moved into storage
out of the parser.
In some cases options goes without coma, there is 3 word option DATA
DIRECTORY <value>, INDEX DIRECTORY <value> so I can't imagine how to
move the existing options to engine and make equal sign optional.