Re: Need help with packaging for MariaDB 5.2

"Adam M. Dutko" <dutko.adam@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've packaged RPMs before if you'd like me to take a stab at it.  Do you
> have an existing spec file?

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks!

I guess we just need to coordinate to not duplicate efforts.

The spec file is in this repository on Launchpad:

    lp:~ourdelta-core/ourdelta/ourdelta-mariadb-5.2

The file in that repository is

    bakery/mysql51-ourdelta-centos.spec

Maybe we should make a separate copy of that for 5.2, not sure.

I guess at this point the main issues is to handle any dependency headers
correctly, provides:, replaces:, depends: correctly. I'm pretty blank in
knowledge about that area for .rpm.

I'll start looking at the .deb stuff following Arjen's suggestions.