Re: OQGraph?

Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> So for packaging we need to (at least)
>
> 1. Include the oqgraph_engine.so somewhere
>
> 2. Provide some facilities/documentation for the user to load the engine (or
> should it be added by default into the mysql.plugin table?)

I discussed with serg on IRC. Probably it is fine if we just include the .so
in /usr/lib/mysql/plugin/ and the user can issue INSTALL PLUGIN as needed.

Then we just need to ensure that oqgraph_engine.so is available in
/usr/lib/mysql/plugin/.

> It seems plugins are normally installed in /usr/lib/mysql/plugin, for the .deb
> stuff this directory belongs to the libmariadbclient-dev package. That's not
> really going to work of course, seems something will have to move around?

Can you or Peter come up with a patch to move /usr/lib/mysql/plugin from
libmariadbclient-dev (which is kind of a strange package for that anyway) to
maraidb-server-5.1? Not sure how to do this without breaking stuff.

And a similar patch for .rpm (I did not understand the .spec well enough to
see how the plugin directory is handled)?