Re: oqgraph in mariadb - integration work

Hi Kristian

On 31/03/2010, at 11:22 PM, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
So my preference would be to make it a built-in/regular as it will
make adopton and subsequent use much easier.

Understand, unfortunately I am out of cycles to look into changing this (I think it requires some (probably simple) changes in at least plug.in and mysql-test-run.pl). But I personally have no strong opinion one way or the
other.

Ya should be same as PBXT then, I should think?

Anyway, the good news is I seem to have got everything sorted out. It's running in Buildbot now, and first few builds look correct on both .deb and
.rpm.

Great! thanks

   https://buildbot.askmonty.org/buildbot/grid?branch=mariadb-5.2-knielsen

Arjen, I'll try to remember to put the packages up somewhere in case you want
to check them out.

So if everything looks ok to you, I will ask Serg to do second review, and
hopefully things will be sorted!

I'll push here once Launchpad gets back up:

   lp:~knielsen/maria/5.2-oqgraph

Probably won't have time to review before I'm in Helsinki, so right now I'll defer to your and Serg's judgement on this. Technically, if the oqgraph-basic test is actually run, and passes, it's functional.

The one thing that needs checking (as noted before) is a possible missing flag that makes OQGRAPH unhappy if binlog is not enabled; it *can* work without binlog so that flag can be added. oqgraph project has a bug on that which also lists what to tweak. I can do that in Helsinki or perhaps Serg can do it quickly.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Exceptional Services for MySQL at a fixed budget.

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: packages for MySQL and MariaDB @ http://ourdelta.org