Re: sphinx vs mariadb

Hello Kristian,

KN> [Cc:ed maria-developers@ for general interest, hope that's ok]

That's fine.  Seems you bcc-ed though. ;)

>> Mine was 1.10.  Downgrading to 1.9.6 did the trick, thanks.
KN> Ok, good, at some point we can get someone to help sort out what
KN> the problem  might be with 1.10.

Or at least add some check that'd *clearly* complain about improper
version.  Fighting with 1.10 was.. emotional.

>> 1. Use prebuilt searchd binary, sphinx.conf file and test index
KN> My idea is that mysql-test-run.pl will look for an already
KN> installed searchd and indexer binary (in eg. SPHINXSEARCH_INDEXER,
KN> SPHINXSEARCH_SEARCD, and maybe $PATH). If not found, sphinxse

That's also good.  For some reason I though everything should be self
contained (ie. work immediately out of bzr clone).

KN> tests will be skipped, if found mysql-test-run.pl will generate a
KN> simple .conf and start the daemon for the test. There is already a

Hmm, why *generate* that?  I'd just bundle .conf and source .xml data
for indexer.  Maybe prebuilt .sp* indexes too.  Indexes are binary but
test ones can be kept tiny.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew                            mailto:shodan@xxxxxxxxx