Handling size_t -> int conversions

I'm working on getting rid of the compiler warnings on 64 bit Windows.

There are literally thousands of places, where we store a size_t in an int, and the compiler warns about possible loss of data.

I'm trying to figure out how to handle this in the best way, and I need a bit of advice on how to proceed.

First, is it acceptable to change all/most of these vars from int to size_t? In places where there is a local variable that stores the difference between two pointers, it's fine. But what about places like struct z_stream_s in zlib.h?

How do you guys prefer to see patches on this - one big patch, or several smaller patches?

Bo Thorsen.
Monty Program AB.

--

MariaDB: MySQL replacement
Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.

Follow ups