Re: ./configure report

Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> For a while, I had a small personal gripe that it is not easy to see
> what plugins are configured to be built and how. That is, I know where

Yes, agree!

> I've extended it from

[...]

> to include all plugins in alphabetical order
> (and moved informational text down to improve its visibility,
> as the plugin list is long):
>
> --< cut >------------------------------------
> config.status: executing my_config.h commands
> ---
> Configuration summary for MariaDB Server version 5.2.2-MariaDB-gamma
>
>   * Archive Storage Engine:          plugin
>   * Aria Storage Engine:             yes
>   * Blackhole Storage Engine:        plugin
>   * CSV Storage Engine:              yes
>   * Cluster Storage Engine:          no
>   * Collection of Authentication Plugins: plugin
>   * Daemon Example Plugin:           plugin
>   * Example Storage Engine:          plugin
>   * Federated Storage Engine:        plugin
>   * FederatedX Storage Engine:       plugin
>   * Graph Storage Engine:            plugin
>   * IBM DB2 for i Storage Engine:    no
>   * InnoDB Storage Engine:           plugin
>   * Memory Storage Engine:           yes
>   * MyISAM MERGE Engine:             yes
>   * MyISAM Storage Engine:           yes
>   * PBXT Storage Engine:             no
>   * Partition Support:               no
>   * Simple Parser:                   plugin
>   * Sphinx Storage Engine:           plugin
>   * XtraDB Storage Engine:           plugin
>
>   * Installation prefix:             /usr/local
>   * System type:                     unknown-linux-gnu
>   * Host CPU:                        x86_64
>   * C Compiler:                      gcc (Gentoo 4.4.3-r2 p1.2) 4.4.3
>   * C++ Compiler:                    g++ (Gentoo 4.4.3-r2 p1.2) 4.4.3
>   * Debug enabled:                   no
>   * Community Features:              yes
>
> ---
>
> You can find information about MariaDB at
> http://askmonty.org/wiki/index.php/MariaDB
>
> Remember to check the platform specific part of the reference manual for
> hints about installing MariaDB on your platform. Also have a look at the
> files in the Docs directory.
>
> Thank you for choosing MariaDB!
>
> --< cut >------------------------------------
>
> So, what do you think? Too long to be useful?

I think this is a great improvement, thanks!

One idea might be to delete the paragraph "Remeber to check ... Docs
directory", I am not sure how relevant it is as it refers to the non-free
MySQL manual, which we lack.

> Need to reorder sections? (yes, it's a bikeshed color question, I know)

I'd switch the plugin section and the "Installation prefix" etc. section (the
former always seemed more useful to me).

> Or shall I push ?

I'd say yes, with or without my suggested tweaks it's already an improvement.