Re: Discussion on more unified development of MySQL(MariaDB) code base (Re: Live Schema Changes)

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Henrik Ingo <henrik.ingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We agreed with Kristian that I will host this and I probably have more
> bandwidth anyway...
>
> ...so the invitation is now set for the Saturday evening unconference
> If you won't be in Istanbul but are interested in this topic, you can
> be in touch with me via email (or irc, skype, phone) beforehand.

First of all, thanks to everyone who showed interest in this topic.
There were several people in Istanbul wanting to attend, and 2 Maria
developers from the mailing list who wanted to attend by Skype. This
is a positive sign.

Unfortunately this meeting slot was eaten up by the previous meetings,
who didn't end in time. Related to that, I was sitting in one of those
meetings and didn't pay attention, so I couldn't be found at the
agreed time. Well, then we also didn't have a place to have the
session due to the other meetings not finishing.

I tried to make up for this by speaking to people 1-on-1. Also the 2
remote attendants had already sent some thoughts by email. So I will
collect those thoughts and later email or blog about this topic, and
we could see if there is a followup in email form then.

Kind of related we also had a discussion on governance of MariaDB and
mariadb.org. I will probably wait how those plans proceed so I can
write about both of these topics together, since they do affect each
other.

henrik
--
henrik.ingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx