Volunteer my machine for buildbot and database with test results

To whom it may concern,

Per information shown on URL below, with relevant paragraph pasted,
I'd love to volunteer to run a build slave and other tests.

Let me know how to participate, such as:

Will an old laptop work?
If so, what do you need? What do I need to do on my side?
Does it mean that I need to leave my machine on all the time?
What if a reboot happens while it is being used?
I am sure more questions as we proceed.

Thanks,
Haidong "Alex" Ji

http://kb.askmonty.org/v/about-buildbot

Volunteering to run a build slave

Many of our build hosts are run by community members, and we are
always looking for additional volunteers to help us cover additional
platforms or build options in BuildBot.

If you are able to provide a spare machine for this purpose, your help
is greatly appreciated! This is a good way to get involved without
having to spend a lot of time on it. Get started by writing an email
to maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with an offer to run a
BuildBot slave.

Database with test results

Buildbot saves the results of test runs in a database, to be used for
enhanced reporting on web pages without need to change the Buildbot
code, and for data mining when investigating test failures.

The database schema is documented under Buildbot Database Schema. The
schema is likely to evolve as we gradually add more kinds of
information.

For now, the data is not externally available. But the plan is to set
up a slave database to replicate the data, and provide access (eg.
remote database accounts) to members of the community with interesting
ideas about how to present or mine this data, or who are just curious
to play with it. If anyone has an interest in this, or wants to
volunteer a slave host for this purpose, please send a mail to
maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The more people show interest in
this, the faster it is likely to happen!

Follow ups