Re: Windows installer MWL#55 finished.

"Vladislav Vaintroub" <wlad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Wizard is an MFC application. I'm sorry for that, but my Windows C/C++ GUI programming experience is not only rusty (prior to this
> WL last time I used it was more than  a decade ago), it is also restricted to MFC only. Being MFC application, it will require  at
> least VS Professional to build.  There is no MFC in  free Visual Studio Express edition,  nor in free Windows SDK.  Build and
> packaging process will handle missing MFC gracefully (build won't try to compile upgrade wizard,  package won't include it , and
> installer won't  start it at the end of installation).

What license are we distributing the wizard source code under?

The reason I ask is that because of the above dependency, GPL may not be
appropriate (and since it sounds like a new application, nor is it
necessary). So we might consider another license, eg. BSD or if prefered some
other more copy-left license. Or just GPL-with-MFC-exception.

I don't really have an opinion myself for one license or the other, I just
wanted to point out the issue to make sure it is considered by those that do
care. Since it sounds like if we just use GPL, we may be releasing something
that formally others cannot redistribute without violating the license. Which
I think we should avoid, even if we're obviously not planning to sue anyone
over it ...