Re: request for feedback on live schema changes patch

Hello all,

I am hoping to resurrect this discussion. Has there been any
discussion on implementing the feature of allowing handlers to do fast
schema changes in MariaDB (on any version)?

I have put this patch on MySQL 5.1, and I think I have it working. I
started looking at MariaDB 5.2, but I do not understand some of the
virtual column stuff and field->option_struct and key->option_struct.
I am guessing they are related to the new create table syntax, but I
do not understand it well enough to be able to integrate this patch
in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
-Zardosht