Re: forwarded message from Kristian?Köhntopp

Moinsen,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:08:12AM +1000, Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Hi Monty, all
>
>  > [Here is booking.com's wish list! ...]
>  > - Try out engines for fast inserts: Infobright, InfiniDB, ... -- SkySQL to Booking
>
> PBXT. It's rather good at that work profile (sustained high volume inserts).
> Plus it's already in MariaDB, and GPL. Seems like a win to me?

PBXT++
In fact to my findings. Using an autoincrement as PK InnoDB outperformed PBXT on large (3*10^8 rows) tables.
Using i.e. UUID as PK InnoDB doesn't perform at all, while PBXT went fine.

In german (sorry):
http://linsenraum.de/erkules/2010/12/pbxt-new-kid-on-the-block.html

erkan

--
�en grenzen mu�die freiheit wohl wolkenlos sein