Re: [Maria-docs] MariaDB 5.3 docs

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 00:45:16 +0400
Sergey Petrunya <psergey@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sergey> Hi Daniel,

Hi!

Sergey> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 09:51:44AM -0400, Daniel Bartholomew
Sergey> wrote:

Daniel> We're getting closer to the first beta release of MariaDB 5.3
Daniel> and several of the new features have been documented in the
Daniel> Knowledgebase and linked to from this page:
Daniel>
Daniel> http://kb.askmonty.org/en/what-is-mariadb-53
Daniel>
Daniel> What I don't know is if there are any features which have
Daniel> either:
Daniel>
Daniel> 1. not been documented in the Knowledgebase at all,

Sergey> I've found several missing things and added them. I've also
Sergey> split the list into groups by function.

Thank you very much! The page organization is much better thanks to
your changes.

Daniel> If you have worked on 5.3, please review the above page to
Daniel> make sure the items you worked on are present and fully
Daniel> documented. If they aren't please document them in the
Daniel> Knowledgebase and add them to the above page (or send me
Daniel> enough information about them so that I can document them).
Daniel> If they are present, but inadequately documented, please add
Daniel> what is missing or let me know what is missing. Don't worry
Daniel> about your documentation being perfect, I will clean it up.
Daniel> If you need any help, please contact me via email or on IRC.

Sergey> There is lots of optimizer stuff without adequate
Sergey> documentation. Here, optimizer team should provide info.

Yes. I see that Timour just added some info and I hope others join in
too.

Sergey> Some of it is already out there. For instance, could you check
Sergey> out these slides
Sergey> http://s.petrunia.net/scratch/new-qep-features-in-mariadb-fosdem2011.odp
Sergey> http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2011/public/schedule/detail/19899
Sergey> http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2011/public/schedule/detail/20238
Sergey> and see if they have enough info to document
Sergey> index_merge/sort-intersect and "Fair choice between index_merge
Sergey> and range"? BR

Yes, I'll take a look and try to write up some articles based on them.

Thanks again!

--
Daniel Bartholomew
MariaDB - http://mariadb.org