Re: WL#202: Extend progress reporting

Hi, Peter!

On Jun 30, Peter Laursen wrote:
> I did already.  And it reads
>
>   Clients that supports progress reporting:
>   * The mysql command line client, starting from version 15.0 (comes
>     with MariaDB 5.3).
>   * mytop which comes with MariaDB 5.3 has a '%' column that shows the
>     progress.
>
> It does not list the C-API.  maybe you should add "Clients compiled with the
> C-API as shipped with MariaDB 5.3+ provided that ... ". It it not all that
> the command line supports that is suppored in API (examples: \G-delimiter
> and SOURCE statement for instance) so listing CLI does not necessary.

I'm not sure I understand.
To show progress report information, a *client* needs to support it -
not just the *API*. From all the clients, only mysql command line client
and mytop support this at the moment. And the page says it.

C-API itself is not a "client", as far as I can see it, it's an API.
For example, Webyog is a client.

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 13:29, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 30, Peter Laursen wrote:
> > > I understand that this is implemented in the command line client,
> > > but what about the C-API (and what other connectors you may
> > > distribute)?

I think I misunderstood your question. I'm sorry.

You mean "whether C-API supports progress reporting" - and the answer is
"yes, absolutely".

But originally I thought you were asking "what is the C-API or this
feature, how one can add progress reporting support to his MySQL
client". And the answer was

> > See http://kb.askmonty.org/en/progress-reporting

because, indeed, the API is described there, in the Knowledge Base.