Re: [Commits] Rev 3156: MWL#182: Explain running statements

Hi Sergei,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:55:40PM +0200, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> Hi, Sergey!
>
> On Aug 23, Sergey Petrunya wrote:
> >   MWL#182: Explain running statements
> >   First code
> >   - "Asynchronous procedure call" system
>
> I would like to review that part (at least), could you please tell me
> when it's ready for a review?

Ok.

> >   - new THD::check_killed() that serves APC request is called from
> >   within most important loops
> >   - put THD::check_killed() call into every loop where we could spend
> >   significant amount of time
>
> This shouldn't be necessary, by trying to keep all long operations
> killable we've already put a "killed" check everywhere.

I've been unclear with the comment. I meant, I need to go through all these
"if (thd->killed)" checks and replace them with "if (thd->check_killed())"
calls. check_killed() will process pending async procedure calls.

> If some long time consuming code needs a "killed" check but doesn't have
> it - it's a bug on itself (some code does not respond to KILL).

BR
 Sergey
--
Sergey Petrunia, Software Developer