Re: Shared plugin library build question

Steve,
Are you talking about PIC requirements, when you say " HP-UX doesn't support
building shared libaries that depend on archive libraries".

In MySQL 5.5, linking static to shared  feature was used extensively (as a
replacement for libtool's "convenience libraries", static library was
compiled with platform dependent PIC flag), and it worked on all major
Unixes, I'm pretty sure it worked on  HPUX/Itanium.

I think the trick for Maria 5.3 could be to compile the sqlservices library
with the PIC flag (+Z or +z or something similar, if I recall this
correctly). I do not have access to HPUX machines anymore, but you might
want to give it a try.