Re: SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE question on accept() call

Hi, Steve!

On Sep 22, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> Whild building mariadb on HP-UX, I ran into a problem with a call to
> accept().  The mariadb configure script uses MYSQL_TYPE_ACCEPT to
> determine if the third argument to accept should be type socklen_t or
> type int, and sets SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE accordingly, but in socket_accept
> (plugin/handler_socket/libhsclient/socket.cpp), the third argument to
> the accept call (addrlen_r) is hardcoded to be type socklen_t instead of
> using SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE.  I think that the addrlen_r argument to
> socket_accept should be type SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE instead of socklent_t.  I
> think this also means that the addrlen field in the socket_args
> structure (plugin/handler_socket/libhsclient/socket.hpp) should be
> type SOCKET_SIZE_TYPE instead of socklen_t.
>
> Does that sound right?

Yes, I suppose so.

Can you just do this change (and other necessary changes if you find
more portability issues), and send us a patch with all fixes together
when MariaDB will finally compile? I will, of course, help you to decide
how to fix every particular problem - just don't hesitate to ask :)

I feel it may be faster and easier than waiting for us to fix every
problem you find one by one.