Re: Feature request: Add support for a syntax check for SQL scripts

Raphael:

You are looking at validating your scripts for your nightly build. (continous integration)

I believe you can get the QA from executing the scripts on a test database instead of working on your live data.

If you have a lot of stored procedures or scripts, just point them to a test database for continous integration and then when you want feel ready for the nightly release, point them towards the production DB.

If you need to, copy your production data over to your test DB so that you can run the test script.

I actually dump all my system DDL/DML into a text file and then refactor the SQL using text find/replace and then re-load the SQL back into the server. Then I run my test scripts against a test database before sending to the beta server so that users can look at the result before release. This happens almost every night.

That helpful?

Marco
dentro de perez zeledon