request for a feature -- LIMIT_ROWS_EXAMINED

I want a variant of the LIMIT clause that limits the number of rows
examined during SELECT processing. This should return OK when the
limit is reached -- something like NESTED_LOOP_QUERY_LIMIT. While
LIMIT can be LIMIT x and LIMIT x,y. This only supports one argument --
LIMIT_ROWS_EXAMINED x. Are you interested in implementing this feature
for me? We will sponsor the work. The purpose of the feature is to
prevent queries from taking too long when there isn't a great index
and many rows might be filtered.

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx