Re: request for a feature -- LIMIT_ROWS_EXAMINED

Hi!

MARK> I want a variant of the LIMIT clause that limits the number of rows
MARK> examined during SELECT processing. This should return OK when the
MARK> limit is reached -- something like NESTED_LOOP_QUERY_LIMIT. While
MARK> LIMIT can be LIMIT x and LIMIT x,y. This only supports one argument --
MARK> LIMIT_ROWS_EXAMINED x. Are you interested in implementing this feature
MARK> for me? We will sponsor the work. The purpose of the feature is to
MARK> prevent queries from taking too long when there isn't a great index
MARK> and many rows might be filtered.

I am a bit afraid of returning 'ok'. Would it not be better to return
an error?

Another option would be to generate a warning so that the application
can know that they didn't get all rows.

We can do this and it should be relatively easy to do.

Regards,
Monty