Re: [Commits] Rev 3129: remove few hard-coded checks from mtr in http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.1/

<serg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> At http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/5.1/

> revno: 3129
> revision-id: sergii@xxxxxxxxx-20120124140839-iziwgt30gaalsiw9
> parent: sergii@xxxxxxxxx-20120124125357-b3o68crdtg2w3fzj
> committer: Sergei Golubchik <sergii@xxxxxxxxx>
> branch nick: 5.1
> timestamp: Tue 2012-01-24 15:08:39 +0100
> message:
>   remove few hard-coded checks from mtr

Why?!?

It's much faster to have the checks in mtr_cases.pm. Otherwise we have to
start and stop the mysqld server(s), which is often the major part of time
spent in a test case. The test suite is slow enough already ...

Also, some of these tests _must_ be in mtr_cases, because just starting the
server and executing the test for "skip" causes a failure. Eg. I remember that
"not_valgrind" works this way, so I think your change will cause some tests to
break in valgrind.

If we want to improve things so that we have all checks in one place, I would
prefer to move everything into mysql-test-run.pl. In the long term, not just
for skipping tests but for everything. There is so much cruft in there just do
deal with the testsuite being written partly in perl, partly in SQL (parse
warnings...), partly in the mysqltest language, partly in C (mysqltest), ...

> -  if ( $tinfo->{'not_valgrind'} )
> -  {
> -    if ( $::opt_valgrind_mysqld )
> -    {
> -      $tinfo->{'skip'}= 1;
> -      $tinfo->{'comment'}= "Not compatible with Valgrind testing";
> -      return $tinfo;
> -    }
> -  }

 - Kristian