Re: lp:maria -> 5.3 or 5.5?

Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I suggest to move lp:maria to be lp:maria/5.5 at once.
> And change to lp:maria/trunk as soon as we'll have it.

Sounds good.

Also, I believe lp:maria becomes the default stacking branch? It would be best
if this is a tree that get merged from all/most other trees. Currently,
whenever one pushes a 5.5-based tree to Launchpad, it has to transfer every
changeset not in 5.3 from scratch over and over.

I went ahead and created:

    lp:~maria-captains/maria/trunk - for the next version of MariaDB, whatever it
    may end up as.

    lp:~maria-captains/maria/5.6 - where we can start pulling in (or skipping
    if appropriate) MySQL 5.6 pushes one by one (let's keep this separate from
    trunk until it is ready).

So I suggest making lp:maria point to trunk immediately.

And everyone, please only push to trunk stuff that has already been fully
tested in a feature tree (yes that means you too, Monty :)