Re: what compiler should i use when building mariadb?

Hi!

Rich> Hello,
Rich> Yes, your suggestion to define MY_CONTEXT_USE_UCONTEXT when compiling
Rich> a release build with gcc 4.7.1 worked.  Interestingly, this patch was
Rich> not required with gcc 4.7.1 debug build.  BTW, there are a LOT of
Rich> compiler warnings, one of which is:

Rich> sql/log.h:480:3: warning: access declarations are deprecated in favour
Rich> of using-declarations; suggestion: add the ‘using’ keyword
Rich> [-Wdeprecated]

Never seen the above. I will try to fix it by changing the code for
this line.

The code is:

public:
  MYSQL_LOG::generate_name;
  MYSQL_LOG::is_open;

Changing these to:

public:
  using MYSQL_LOG::generate_name;
  using MYSQL_LOG::is_open;

Should fix the issue.

If there is any other code that generates warnings in MariaDB, please
try to fix them and give us a patch or just send me the warnings so
that I can try to fix them!

Regards,
Monty