Re: IDE debugging Mariadb linux build

Timour:

I respect your technical position, but I do not get my paychecks from monty.

My total budgeted time to deal with "issues" related to Aria is exactly zero,
so I am not going to try to ramp up learning hardware GDB breakpoints, etc.

My broadcast was to enable the many other non-montyprogram developers a chance to load the project into the IDE/debugger so they can tweak or modify something and then contribute back into the community. They likely won't contribute if the only thing they can use is VI and GDB command line.

Fortunately, Monty has provided good tested code over the years and that is why Maria will succeed, I do not have to do everything myself, but when I run into a problem, I have a chance at fixing it.

Netbeans makes it easy to use the CmakeLists.txt file to load the project.

Basically, open source gives me all the power and not ALL the responsibility, bloody magic really.

Keep up the good work,

marco