MariaDB Optimization for MySQL Users

MariaDB contains many new options and optimizations which, for
compatibility or other reasons, are not enabled in the default install.
Enabling them helps you gain extra performance from the same hardware
when upgrading from MySQL to MariaDB. Monty thought this would be a
good article for the Knowledgebase and I agree.

I've created a stub article for this using a few short items Monty
provided (just to get the ball rolling), and I am now soliciting
suggestions from any and all of you so I can expand it.

https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-optimization-for-mysql-users/

Please send me your MariaDB-only tips and recommended settings and
other things people should enable or tweak after upgrading to MariaDB
and I'll add them to the page (or feel free to do it yourself).

Thanks!

--
Daniel Bartholomew
  Google+ - http://gplus.to/dbart

MariaDB: An Enhanced Drop-in Replacement for MySQL
        Website - http://mariadb.org
        Twitter - http://twitter.com/mariadb
        Google+ - http://google.com/+mariadb
       Facebook - http://fb.com/MariaDB.dbms