Re: How to get JDBC launchpad branch to trigger build in buildbot?

buildbot?

Hi Kristian,

> "Vladislav Vaintroub" <wlad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > there is a change in the Launchpad repository .  I have done some things
> > that I hoped would help, but it looks like it does not help.
>
> > I subscribed Buildbot user to the changes in branch
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/mariadb-java-client/trunk
>
> It seems to be subscribed as "Branch attribute notifications only". Check
the
> wiki page, it has to be "branch revision notifications only" (and it's
> probably not very useful to send review requests to Buildbot :-)
>
> > +    "lp:~maria-captains/mariadb-java-client/trunk" : "jdbc",
>
> As explained on the wiki page, the branch should be on Launchpad under
> some
> name lp:~maria-captains/maria/XXX (for some XXX) for this to work.

I'm afraid this won't work in this case. It is a new top-level project .

> > +f_win_jdbc = factory.BuildFactory()
> > +f_win32_debug.addStep(ShellCommand(
>
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ copy-paste error? "f_win_jdbc" ?
>
> > +f_win_rqg.addStep(ShellCommand(
>
>  ^^^^^^^^^ "f_win_jdbc" ?

Yep, copy-paste..

> > +        name = "bzr_checkout",
> > +        command=["dojob", "bzr" ,"checkout", "-r",
> WithProperties("%(revision)s"), WithProperties("lp:~maria-
> captains/maria/%(branch)s"),
> WithProperties("c:\\buildbot\\%(buildername)s\\build")],
>
> Did you mean "lp:~maria-captains/mariadb-java-client/%(branch)s" here? Or
> did
> you mean lp:~maria-captains/maria/jdbc in the branch declaration?

Yes, copy-paste again

> > +        WithProperties("cd c:\\buildbot\\%(buildername)s\\build &&
> C:\\buildscripts\\build_jdbc")
>
> Did you consider putting this script into the source tree instead? That
makes
> it easier when you have to modify the script along with the code in the
> source
> three: old branches continue to use the old version of the script with the
old
> source version, new branches can use the new script with the new source
> changes.

At the current stage I would be happy  with a simple "hello, world" written
to stdout  , when something in the branch changes . Instead of real build
and test.

> (But it's up to you what works best in this particular case).
>
> > +        "nextBuild": myNextBuild,
>
> The myNextBuild() function selects among mariadb branches, that's probably
> not
> very useful for a jdbc builder?

Likely not useful, I do not know what this line means, but it was everywhere
else :)

> > see.  Maybe you can have a quick look, if you got time? Would be a great
> > help.
>
> Ok, I will go through it all and try to get everything working.
> It's probably better to add a separate configuration (branch map,
schedulers,
> builders) for the jdbc driver to not get it mixed up with the mariadb
source
> builds.

I think so.

Thanks a lot for looking into it!