Re: How to get JDBC launchpad branch to trigger build in buildbot?

"Vladislav Vaintroub" <wlad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> there is a change in the Launchpad repository .  I have done some things
> that I hoped would help, but it looks like it does not help.

> I subscribed Buildbot user to the changes in branch
> https://code.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/mariadb-java-client/trunk

It seems to be subscribed as "Branch attribute notifications only". Check the
wiki page, it has to be "branch revision notifications only" (and it's
probably not very useful to send review requests to Buildbot :-)

> +    "lp:~maria-captains/mariadb-java-client/trunk" : "jdbc",

As explained on the wiki page, the branch should be on Launchpad under some
name lp:~maria-captains/maria/XXX (for some XXX) for this to work.

> +f_win_jdbc = factory.BuildFactory()
> +f_win32_debug.addStep(ShellCommand(

 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ copy-paste error? "f_win_jdbc" ?

> +f_win_rqg.addStep(ShellCommand(

 ^^^^^^^^^ "f_win_jdbc" ?

> +        name = "bzr_checkout",
> +        command=["dojob", "bzr" ,"checkout", "-r", WithProperties("%(revision)s"), WithProperties("lp:~maria-captains/maria/%(branch)s"), WithProperties("c:\\buildbot\\%(buildername)s\\build")],

Did you mean "lp:~maria-captains/mariadb-java-client/%(branch)s" here? Or did
you mean lp:~maria-captains/maria/jdbc in the branch declaration?

> +        WithProperties("cd c:\\buildbot\\%(buildername)s\\build && C:\\buildscripts\\build_jdbc")

Did you consider putting this script into the source tree instead? That makes
it easier when you have to modify the script along with the code in the source
three: old branches continue to use the old version of the script with the old
source version, new branches can use the new script with the new source
changes.

(But it's up to you what works best in this particular case).

> +        "nextBuild": myNextBuild,

The myNextBuild() function selects among mariadb branches, that's probably not
very useful for a jdbc builder?

> see.  Maybe you can have a quick look, if you got time? Would be a great
> help.

Ok, I will go through it all and try to get everything working.
It's probably better to add a separate configuration (branch map, schedulers,
builders) for the jdbc driver to not get it mixed up with the mariadb source
builds.