Re: An invalid memory access bug in HandlerSocket

Hi!

ahiguti> Hi MariaDB developers,
ahiguti> I found an invalid memory access bug of HandlerSocket is not yet fixed in
ahiguti> MariaDB.
ahiguti> https://github.com/DeNA/HandlerSocket-Plugin-for-MySQL/issues/78

ahiguti> This bug can be reproduced by running the following script:
ahiguti> https://github.com/DeNA/HandlerSocket-Plugin-for-MySQL/blob/master/regtest/test_01_lib/test24.pl

ahiguti> You may need to run mysqld with valgrind to observe the invalid memory
ahiguti> access, because hitting this bug may not cause mysqld to crash.

ahiguti> I've filed a merge request.
ahiguti> https://code.launchpad.net/~ahiguti100/maria/handlersocket-fix-78/+merge/163117

ahiguti> Rev #3750 fixes the bug, and #3751 updates documents and tests for
ahiguti> HandlerSocket. I want docs to be updated because my github url for
ahiguti> HandlerSocket has been changed. All the changes are copied from my github
ahiguti> repo, and are provided under the BSD license.

Thanks!

ahiguti> Please let me know if something is wrong with the merge request.

I have now pushed this into maria-10.0-base
(For things that are not depending on 5.6, we push them into 10.0-base
first to make future merges with 5.6 simpler).

Please apply for a membership to maria-captains.
Then you can in the future push changes of handlersocket directly to
the mariadb trees!

Regards,
Monty