Re: Updated myisamchk to handle LARGE files

Hi!

Jacek> Monty
>> I also added the option --create-missing-keys, which will create keys
>> just for any disabled keys.

Jacek> What would be the best way to put myisam in
Jacek> a state where only one key is disabled?

Unfortunately there is no way to do that now.
What I could do is that if one only specified --key-used, then we
could update the key map.

The big problem is that we would need some code to free the pages
allocated by the not anymore used keys.
This is not hard, but still a few hours of work.

If we did this, then one could do:

myisamchk --key-used=1  table_name

Enable first and third key
myisamchk --key-used=5  table_name

5 is  bitmask, ie 101.

What one can do now is to do on an empty table:

myisamchk --keys-used=1 -r table_name

This will put it in a state where only some of the keys are used.

You can check this with myisamchk -dv table_name
You should see a row like:

Using only keys '1' of 4 possibly keys

Regards,
Monty