Re: To Sergei:

Hi, Roberto!

On May 16, Roberto Spadim wrote:
> just some questions about dialog_example.c, just to check if i understood
> the source
>
> the three_attempts, request 3 times the password, if it's all wrong
> return CR_ERROR, and user is 'disconnected'?

Yes.

> the two_questions, request the password, if wrong, disconnect
> with CR_ERROR, send the second question, and if it's not == to "yes, of
> course", return CR_ERROR, else, user is connected?

Yes.

> the info->auth_string, is the password of mysql.users table?

No, in the

  CREATE USER xxx IDENTIFIED WITH yyy USING zzz;

auth_string is the "zzz" part.

> there's more examples where i could get the user, and check some value
> inside a mysql.* table?

Check the our knowledge base, MySQL manual, and the documentation in the
include/mysql/plugin_auth*.h files

> i'm thinking about OTP passwords like google auth

See also my talk on the MySQL UC 2010, that includes the code for the
S/Key authentication plugin (S/Key is an old one-time passwod system):
http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2010/public/schedule/detail/13143

And this my blog post, that shows how to use Google Authenticator with
MariaDB: http://blog.mariadb.org/security-with-two-step-verification/