Re: unexpected "Duplicate entry" error

On Tue, 21 May 2013 11:35:46 +0200,
Vincent Pelletier <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote :
> I'm surprised by delete's behaviour, as I am mentally applying
> to the btree the table is.

...to the btree the table (or index) is implemented with.

> Is it just a bad assumption from my part ?

Looks like I just found part of an answer:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/delete.html#c7917

Quoting:
  It's probably worth to mention that DELETE FROM doesn't use the same
  isolation level in transaction as SELECT. Even if you set isolation
  level as REPEATABLE READ it doesn't change DELETE behaviour which
  work as READ COMMITTED. (it affects InnoDB engine in MySQL4 and
  MySQL5)

So at least it shouldn't be news (MySQL4 !).

Any plan to change this ?
--
Vincent Pelletier
ERP5 - open source ERP/CRM for flexible enterprises