Re: RFC: Pausing a query thread

I have seen the problems with both MyISAM, InnoDB and even with memory storage.

I want to stop the executing thread instead of implementing the change in the storage engines.

Unfortunately hosting companies can not change the software of their clients and also don't have the manpower to do that.

So a solution for them would only be if it is possible to pause the executing thread until the server calms down.
It is a unique situation where general replies as "Fix your database design", "Optimize your query" or "Upgrade to the next version" are not possible. It is impossible to fix the enormous amount of software that they are hosting.

Marian