Documentation for old regex library calls

Hi all,

I'm replacing the current regular expression library with modern
library(pcre) for mariadb. I need some information about the ways that code
uses the old regex library. The relevant codes are in sql/item_cmpfunc.cc
directory. For exapmle in the function : int Item_func_regex::regcomp(bool
send_error) I can't understand most of the lines, and the code is not
well-commented. In the new library(pcre) uses different way to compile a
regEx so I have to understand this and code for pcre preserving the
functionalists of the class. Is there any documentation for this file or
the way they used to work with old regex library ? thanks.

--
*Sudheera Palihakkara.*
Undergraduate

Follow ups