MariaDB config files order

Hi guys,

maybe I just need some little kick or I should get a coffee, but I can't understand the following config file ordering difference.

Reading [1] and code in mariadb-5.5.32/mysys/default.c:1226, it looks like expected order of config files in Linux should be:

/etc/my.cnf /etc/mysql/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf

However, when asking for that using --help --verbose, I get a bit different output:

$ /usr/libexec/mysqld --help --verbose 2>/dev/null | grep --after=1 '^Default options' | tail -n 2
Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
/etc/mysql/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf

I don't understand why /etc/my.cnf is not on the first place in that output. Can somebody give me a hint? Am I just blind?

Just FTR I'm trying that on Fedora 19, but there are no changes in Fedora packages that would do anything related, so I guess the same result would be in other distros as well.

[1] https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mysqld-startup-options/

Cheers,
Honza

Follow ups