Re: MariaDB config files order

Hi!

>>>>> "Honza" == Honza Horak <hhorak@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Honza> Hi guys,
Honza> maybe I just need some little kick or I should get a coffee, but I can't
Honza> understand the following config file ordering difference.

Honza> Reading [1] and code in mariadb-5.5.32/mysys/default.c:1226, it looks
Honza> like expected order of config files in Linux should be:

Honza> /etc/my.cnf /etc/mysql/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf

Honza> However, when asking for that using --help --verbose, I get a bit
Honza> different output:

Honza> $ /usr/libexec/mysqld --help --verbose 2>/dev/null | grep --after=1
Honza> '^Default options' | tail -n 2
Honza> Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
Honza> /etc/mysql/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf

I checked this on my version of MariaDB (fresh from bzr) on OpenSuse:

mysqld  Ver 5.5.32-MariaDB-debug

Default options are read from the following files in the given order:
/etc/my.cnf /etc/mysql/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf

Honza> I don't understand why /etc/my.cnf is not on the first place in that
Honza> output. Can somebody give me a hint? Am I just blind?

I did check the mysqld version that comes with OpenSuse 12.3 and this
gives:

/etc/mysql/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf ~/.my.cnf

This packet is named: mariadb-5.5.29-1.1.1.x86_64 and built by
http://bugs.opensuse.org

What is the version name of the libexec/mysqld that you got and who
has built it?

Can you get the source of the package ?

Honza> Just FTR I'm trying that on Fedora 19, but there are no changes in
Honza> Fedora packages that would do anything related, so I guess the same
Honza> result would be in other distros as well.

Honza> [1] https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mysqld-startup-options/

That should be the default order.

Don't know why OpenSuse has changed the order or what the Fedora
package maintainer has done.

Regards,
Monty