Re: [Otto Kekäläinen] Fwd: initial feedback on mariadb

Hi, Kristian!

On Aug 16, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Otto asked for help with the copyright file for the Debian MariaDB
> packages.
>
> As I understand it, the .deb packages have a file
>
>     /usr/share/doc/mariadb-server-5.5/copyright
>
> and there are some scripts in Debian that check the file against what
> is in the headers of source files and possibly other checks (error
> output attached below).
>
> Otto did something, but there is apparently more needed.
>
> Can some of you who understand the finer points of licensing among
> Oracle, Monty Program, MariaDB Services, MariaDB foundation, Percona,
> ... please look into this and help Otto fix up things? Debian are
> usually very careful with licensing, so this could easily become a
> blocker otherwise (I assume).

I'd say, let us treat the copyright headers in source files as the
authoritative source. Then the debian copyright file should simply say
exactly what copyright comments do. And there will be no mismatch
between them. And Monty Program AB and MariaDB Foundation will be
appropriately mentioned, as needed.