Re: [Otto Kekäläinen] Fwd: initial feedback on mariadb

2013/8/18 Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'd say, let us treat the copyright headers in source files as the
> authoritative source. Then the debian copyright file should simply say
> exactly what copyright comments do. And there will be no mismatch
> between them. And Monty Program AB and MariaDB Foundation will be
> appropriately mentioned, as needed.

Ok, I used checklicense and licence-reconcile to mass-review the
headers in the sources and updated manually most parts of the
debian/copyright.

By the way, there are many minor issues reported by licensecheck, you
might want to review at some time and fix upstream:
http://labs.seravo.fi/~otto/mariadb-repo/licensecheck-report.txt

Examples:

include/mysqld_default_groups.h: *No copyright* UNKNOWN

=> If feasible, all files should have copyright holder and license
info in their headers.

plugin/handler_socket/libhsclient/auto_addrinfo.hpp: UNKNOWN
  [Copyright: 2010 DeNA Co.,Ltd.. All rights reserved]

=> Some files have copyright, but no license info in the header.

mysys/my_create.c: GPL (v2)
  [Copyright: 2000, 2001, 2005-2008 MySQL AB, 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc]

=> There should be only one copyright per line (not on same line), e.g.:
Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2005-2008 MySQL AB
Copyright (c) 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.