Re: Bazaar-problem

Hi Sergei,

for some time I played with the source of MySQL 5.5.8. I've taken one of
my modifications to MariaDB 10.0.4 and want to give them to one of you
for further discussions.

>From my understanding of the Bazaar-SW I created a local repository on
my machine here, added the source-tarball, got the modifications via bzr
pull, created a branch, added my modifications and tested these. Then i
committed my modifications but this happens only to the local
repository. For evaluating my code and further discussions I need a bzr
push. So I tried this.
I hope this is the correct way.

To say it first: my code is not production-ready-code yet, it's a proof
of a concept.

My modifications are made for the MyIsam-engine in the handling of a
full table-scan with a table of dynamic sized records.

The reason for uploading this is: one of my test-cases was the execution
of statements like   SELECT * FROM table INTO OUTFILE 'x.x';
With my test-data this took about 20 seconds with the original code and
12 seconds with my modifications.
I've tested my code with a single table which contains 10 Mio records, a
total size of 1GB.

As i've written before: this code is currently only a proof of concept.

I've not implemented all the possible cases. I wanted to know if a full
implementation is a complete waste of time or if it is a bit useful (in
this case I will do it).

Regards
AugustQ