Re: Some clarifications requested for C client

Hi Peter,

reg. 1)

rev. 80 will allow you to open a file with unicode filename.
Unless you specify your own infile handler (mysql_set_local_infile_handler)
the client expects that the character set of the file matches the client
character set of your connection. This is the same behaviour as in MySQL
client library.

reg. 2)
Sqlite support is experimental and not enabled by default. It uses a
database plugin api, which allows you to add support for other databases
but also client monitors. It's a proof of concept and not a replacement for
mysql embedded.

reg. 3+4
Documentation is in progress - I hope it will be ready and published within
next 2 weeks. The changelog is not updated anymore and will be part of the
documentation (via bzr xml plugin).

The final release will be ready in October and will include complete
documentation, asynchronous api, dynamic columns api, connection attribute
support and character set conversion.

/Georg