Re: MariaDB-10.0-beta sysbench results

Hi Sergei,

MySQL has the following optimization: WL#5772 - Add partitioned Table
Definition Cache to avoid using LOCK_open and its derivatives in DML queries.

We didn't agree with it and implemented it differently:
MDEV-4702 - Reduce usage of LOCK_open. It was a major rewrite of table cache
which improved things considerably, but we didn't reach MySQL numbers yet.

We need to do a few extra minor things to get closer to MySQL numbers,
MDEV-4956 - Reduce usage of LOCK_open: TABLE_SHARE::tdc.used_tables is among of
them (patch is ready).

Regards,
Sergey