Re: Extra copying in debian/rules causes troubles

Hi,

On 1/31/2014 11:49 AM, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
Elena Stepanova <elenst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

ifeq ($(findstring nocheck,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)),)
         # Don't know why the following is necessary...
         cp unittest/unit.pl $(builddir)/unittest/
         cp -r mysql-test/* $(builddir)/mysql-test/
         cp -r sql/share/* $(builddir)/sql/share/
         cp -r scripts/*sql $(builddir)/scripts/
         if [ ! -f testsuite-stamp ] ; then \

<cut>

I tried to remove these 4 'cp' lines and the build seemed to work all
right; but there might also be consequences that I fail to predict, so
I would like to have the 2nd (3rd, 4th, ... Nth) opinion. Does anyone
have any idea what might go wrong without these 4 lines?

Well, I can think of two things:

1. It could affect running mysql-test inside the build directory. Well, in
fact it does, since you found that it fixes this :-)

2. It could affect what gets installed by `make install` into the
mariadb-test-X.Y package. I suggest you check the contents of that package
with and without those lines.

I did the check and have not found any differences in package contents. The only thing I did differently from "normal" autobake-deb.sh was excluding oqgraph since it does not build on my machine; but I suppose these changes should not affect it anyway.

If the contents is the same, just go ahead and
remove it.

I'm ready to do so, but Otto says that he's currently working on the contents of the debian folder and is getting ready to push it, and thus I should probably not change anything in there. On the other hand, it might be nice to have the change in 10.0.8, to let it run the tests after package build again.
All in all, I need to know how to proceed -- push or not push.

Regards,
/E

If anything is missing, probably the lines should be removed
anyway, and cmake should be fixed to install things properly.

In short, removing sounds fine, it's probably just some left-over crap like so
much else of the .deb packaging.