Re: Maria DB project aspirant for GSoC 2014 : CREATE OR REPLACE, CREATE IF NOT EXISTS, and DROP IF EXISTS

Hi, Siddharth!

First: please send questions like this to maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
it's a public mailing list dedicated to MySQL and MariaDB internals, source
code, and related things. I am subscribed, so I'll see you mail there, and you
may be sure I will, because it won't be accidentally catched by my spam filter,
or sorted out in some obscure folder. Furthermore other subscribers will see
your question and could reply if I will be not available (e.g. I could be
travelling).
Thank you.

On Mar 11, Siddharth Dalmia wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
>
> I am interested in working on the project. I am new to the open source
> world so, can you tell how i should go forward? Do I need to work on
> something and show?

No, this is not required, but if you do it'll be a bonus point for you -
you'll get familiar with MariaDB source code and would be able to write
a better proposal.

Everything you have to do and how you should move forward is written at
the GSoC site. See http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014