Re: [GSOC 2014] "CREATE OR REPLACE, CREATE IF NOT EXISTS, and DROP IF EXISTS" Project

Hi Sriram.

1) Here's a worklog related to your project: WL#3129: Consistent clauses in CREATE and DROP
https://dev.mysql.com/worklog/

2) Maybe you can do a follow-on GSOC next year on this worklog: WL#5047: SQL command class hierarchy.

There's lots of low-hanging fruit enhancing SQL options, yet at the same time very useful to end-users.

3) You can see my notes and references for adding new MySQL commands here:

Howto Add a New Command to the MySQL Server
http://www.jebriggs.com/blog/2013/05/howto-add-a-new-command-to-the-mysql-server/

James.