Re: [GSoC] MDEV-371- index on BLOB

Hi Sergei,

I am working on writing proposal for this project currently.

Currently MariaDB lets user create index upto 1000 bytes. should we use new
approach for prefixes less than <1000 chars also(but >63 or some other
threshold) to improve performance?

Should I first work on MyISAM or Aria storage engine? I am thinking of
starting with one and then porting to other.

From
Smit Hinsu