Re: Engine independent statistics - naming issues?

Hi, Sergey!

On Mar 27, Sergey Petrunia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking at whether column names used by EIS feature are consistent with
> themselves and with ther parts of the server.
> What's your opinion, should we make some renames to make things more
> consistent?

I don't think it matters much - these column names are internal that
don't affect anything. I have a very slight preference towards
database_name, histogram_size, and histogram_type column names. There is
no reason to save on characters here, I'd rather follow a "don't abbrev" rule.

But I hope that all the code uses column numbers/positions and never
column names, right? That is, no matter how you call your columns, EIS
will continue to work.