Re: [Commits] Rev 3991: MDEV-5138 Numerous test failures in "mtr --ps --embedded"

Hi, Alexey!

On Apr 02, Alexey Botchkov wrote:
> > Still, another question, why did you have to rename net_store_data() to
> > net_store_data_cs() ?
>
> That's personal.
> I really don't like functions with exactly same names - makes code harder to
> understand and debug.
> Do you belive it's better not to rename these here?

That's up to you.

Sometimes I create functions with the same name, sometimes I don't.

For example, tdc_acquire_share() - there are few functions with the same
name, because they do exactly the same. Actually, one of
tdc_acquire_share() is a real function, others are inline convenience
wrappers - they eventually call the "real" one.

But tdc_acquire_share_shortlived() - while also only a convenience
wrapper - has a different name to emphasize that it has different
semantics.

But anyway, that's your patch. If you'd like to rename - go ahead.